Portraying my identity as a "victim" of my own everyday life where I live in constant fear of ominous encounter and accidents.
In the form of a movie trailer, I plan to challenge myself to face the threats that I desire to overcome, fears that I have never been able defeat (because in actuality, nothing out of the ordinary really occurs). These happenings that I will portray may seem like exaggerated possibilities that are not very realistic, but are things that go through my mind occasionally that I may be unknowingly anticipating. Perhaps I secretly hope that these unusual events occur in order to excite my rather banal life, or possibly to see how I would act in such a peculiar situation that usually only exist in movies. In terms of Sourkes idea on playing with identity, by 'trying out' a new identity who is more vulnerable and overly conscious of the surroundings, it places the body in a different environment that allows for reconstruction of the self... By portraying myself as the protagonist of this narrative, I am able to medialize myself and dramatize my everyday encounters and unusual imaginations.
rough movie trailer sketches:
opening




scene 1: my bedroom. I hear a knock from the closet next to my desk.

scene 2: my livingroom. sitting at the dining table with my back towards the empty livingroom, and the curtain blinds make a noise.

scene 3: bathroom. Strange gurgling noise are heard from the shower head and the tub drain.

scene 4: bedroom. About to go sleep, turns lights off, climbs into bed, and looks toward the dark hallway to see a dim shadow of a figure.

abrupt closing
No comments:
Post a Comment