Wednesday, March 9, 2011

week 10

Last week, I had the chance to try out my graphic program on students from my cooperative classroom for EDS128A, Mrs. Mena's 2nd grade class from North Terrace Elementary School. The students' ages range between 7~8, so they were perfect for me to explore their developmental process. I received useful feedback from them, and plan on implementing their opinions into my project.

I've added several "effect" buttons to the program, such as paint brush size, color, 3D effect, and camera angle.

Here is an example of a drawing with a 3D aspect and change in color:


This is an example where the camera angle was used to create circular objects, thus allowing the user more flexibility when drawing their shapes:

This example shows the effects of 3D drawn with a thicker brush stroke:

The part I am still working on/struggling with are the different equations that I'm going to be using. I know that drawing spirals would get repetitive, and I really want to incorporate Mandelbrot, Fibonacci, and the tree fractals. One student expressed that he would like more control over the drawing, so I may add a regular brush tool to my program as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment